[Freeipa-users] 2.1.90 rc1 testing on F17 alpha

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Mar 12 20:09:44 UTC 2012

Dmitri Pal wrote:
> On 03/12/2012 01:23 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> On 03/12/2012 11:06 AM, Stephen Ingram wrote:

>>> I'm using 1.2.10.3 from the fedora 17 updates repo. IPA is from
>>> freeipa-devel repo.
>> This error means there is an empty GER control value sent with the
>> request.  Did the client code change recently?
>> ipaserver/plugins/ldap2.py get_effective_rights() looks correct
>

> openldap?

Could also be python-ldap, we ran into a schema handling problem already.

It may be possible to duplicate this from the command line using the
--rights option. This executes the same GER control. I'll have to
refresh my F-17 install, it is ancient by current standards.

You could test with something like:

# ipa user-show --all --rights admin

If it worked it would include attributelevelrights with a huge list of
values. This represents the rights you have on the various attributes
(read, write, etc). The UI uses this to determine what it will allow you
to edit.

regards

rob