[Freeipa-users] Role Required for Web Portal Access

Tim Hildred thildred at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 07:57:11 UTC 2012

Hey all;
I preparing to use IPA as the Directory Server for my RHEV installation. Formerly in RHEV, you could change users passwords using the RHEV User Portal itself. With RHEV 3.0, this is no longer posssible. Instead, users need to be able to change their password using the IPA Web Administration Portal. I've set it up so that the IPA portal can be accessed using username and password rather than a Kerberos ticket. I've set all the users passwords to a default value.

I'd like them to be able to log on to the IPA web UI, update only their own password (and other details about themselves), and carry on.

Therefore, I don't want to give them admin roles, but some lesser, possibly custom role.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
--
Tim Hildred
Content Author - Engineering Content Services, Red Hat, Inc.
Email: thildred at redhat.com
Mobile: +61 4 666 25242
IRC: thildred