[Freeipa-users] Replica creation problem - IPv6?

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Mar 15 15:17:29 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 03:54 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 15:47 +0100, Dimitris Tsompanidis wrote:
>> Firewalls on both machines are disabled and the firewall in between
>> is
>> wide open, especially in the master->slave direction where I allow
>> everything.
>>
> There is no master ->  slave concept in FreeIPA, all servers are master
> and they work in a multi-master configuration, so all the proper
> communication channels need to be open both ways.
>
> Simo.

I think it's not related to firewall, because daemons are not listening
on IPv4 sockets.

Please, try to "telnet <IPv4 address> 389" from affected machine.

If it fails with "connection refused", there is really problem with
socket creation.

It strange problem... There is my blind shoot:

Please, post your:
- /etc/hosts file
- output of "hostname"
- output of "hostname -f"