[Freeipa-users] Doubt on FreeIPA LDAP extensibility

Marco Pizzoli marco.pizzoli at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 10:12:36 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

I extended my set of LDAP objectClasses associated to users by adding my
new objectClass to my cn=ipaConfig LDAP entry, the ipaUserObjectClasses
attribute.
Then, I created a new user with the web ui and I see the new objectClass
associated with that user, but as structural instead of auxiliary. I don't
know why, could you help me?

Same thing happened for my groups. I added 3 objectClasses and now I see
all of them as structural. I would understand an answer: all objectClasses
eventually result as structural, but so why, for example, the ipaObject is
still an auxiliary objectClass?

Thanks a lot as usual
Marco