[Freeipa-users] Problem in "ipa migrate-ds" procedure

Marco Pizzoli marco.pizzoli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:09:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> groups.
>>>
>>> For groups it is likely adding a duplicate member.
>>>
>>> For users I'm not really sure. It could be one of the POSIX attributes.
>>> What does a failed entry look like?
>>>
>>> rob
>>>

>> The user entry:
>> ------------------------
>> dn: uid=fw03075_NO,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
>> cn: fw03075
>> uidNumber: 11013
>> gidNumber: 503
>> homeDirectory: /home/fw03075
>> loginShell: /bin/sh
>> gecos: fw03075
>> shadowLastChange: 13059
>> shadowMax: 99999
>> shadowWarning: 7
>> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
>> objectClass: posixAccount
>> objectClass: shadowAccount
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: xxxPeopleAttributes
>> sn: SN_NON_IMPOSTATO
>> givenName: GIVENNAME_NON_IMPOSTATO
>> xxxUfficio: UFFICIO_NON_IMPOSTATO
>> xxxTipoUtente: tecnico
>> uid: fw03075_NO
>> userPassword: secret
>>

>> group entry:
>> -------------------
>> dn:
>> cn=pdbac32,ou=pdbac32,ou=prod,ou=db2,ou=databases,ou=Groups,dc=mydc1,dc=
>> mydc2.it
>> gidNumber: 10015
>> member: uid=NESSUNO,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
>> member: uid=aaa415,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
>> member: uid=bbb446,ou=People,dc=mydc1,dc=mydc2.it
>> memberUid: NESSUNO
>> memberUid: aaa415
>> memberUid: bbb446
>> xxxAmbiente: prod
>> xxxDB2GruppiPrivilegi: instance_owner
>> xxxTipoGruppo: db
>> objectClass: top
>> objectClass: posixGroup
>> objectClass: groupOfNames
>> objectClass: xxxGroupsAttributes
>> objectClass: xxxDB2GroupsAttributes
>> cn: pdbac32
>>
>> Thanks again
>> Marco

>> Do you by any chance have a *group* with name "fw03075_NO" and *user*with name "pdbac32"?
>> May be you are hitting  a collision on manged group managed?
>>

> Well, yes and no.
>
> No, I don't have a group called "fw03075_NO" and No, I don't have a user
> called "pdbac32".
>
> Yes, I have some users uid=samename  and groups cn=samename, but they are
> not found in the group subtree (ou) from where I launched "ipa migrate-ds".
>
> If this is the problem, where can I have any evidence of the actual
> problem?
>

> Can you search those names in the IPA LDAP tree after the migration? May
> be there is some object already there with the same cn that collides. This
> way we would be able to determine what the colliding object is and take it
> from there. It might collide on some other attribute in the entry and just

Here it is:

[root at freeipa01 ipa]# ldapsearch -h 127.0.0.1 -x -D "cn=Directory Manager"
-W -b "dc=unix,dc=mydomain,dc=it" -s sub "(uid=fw03075_NO)"
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=unix,dc= mydomain ,dc=it> with scope subtree
# filter: (uid=fw03075_NO)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1
[root at freeipa01 ipa]# ldapsearch -h 127.0.0.1 -x -D "cn=Directory Manager"
-W -b "dc=unix,dc= mydomain ,dc=it" -s sub "(cn=fw03075_NO)"
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=unix,dc= mydomain ,dc=it> with scope subtree
# filter: (cn=fw03075_NO)
# requesting: ALL
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

Same thing for "pdbac32".

Or were you asking me something more complicated?

My group and user tree is almost empty. There are only default groups and
5/6 user created by hand.
Yes, some of them have the same uid as the one manually created, but they
represent only a minority of the total.

Marco