[Freeipa-users] Can I change new users' default group from 'ipausers' to some thing else?

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 01:01:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

 Can I change the default user group for new users to something else? and disable automatically creation of private groups?

 Basically I migrates hundreds of Linux accounts from openldap to IPA, and those users have a default group 'exampleGroup' with GID <500. And it is company policy to have all users to use the same container user group, and disable private groups.

 So can I change the IPA policy to change the default user group from 'ipausers' to some thing else to 'exampleGroup'? what's the immediately and potential effect on adjustment? Thanks.

--David