[Freeipa-users] Please help: Any way to turn off IPA creation of private user group?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed May 9 17:45:03 UTC 2012

David Copperfield wrote:
> Hi Rob and all,
>
> The ipa-managed-entries command is not available on freeIPA 2.1.3
> version comes with Redhat 6.2. Is there any other comparable ways to
> disable private user groups generation at global/system wide, instead of
> ''--noprivate" option to 'ups user-add' which is user by user? Thanks a lot.

Yes, I sent you this yesterday privately:

Ah, right, the 2.1.3 in RHEL 6.2 didn't ship this tool. You'll need to
use ldapmodify to disable the plugin, something like:

$ kinit admin
$ ldapmodify -Y GSSAPI
dn: cn=UPG Definition,cn=Definitions,cn=Managed Entries,cn=etc,$SUFFIX
changetype: modify
replace: originfilter
originfilter: (objectclass=disabled)

Or you can delete the entry cn=UPG Definition,cn=Definitions,cn=Managed
Entries,cn=etc,$SUFFIX

where $SUFFIX is your basedn.

rob