[Freeipa-users] backup/restore IPA servers with db2ldap.pl, ldap2db.pl ???

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 01:32:25 UTC 2012

Hi Rich and all,

the '-r' option to db2ldif.pl doesn't work neither, it make few difference.

My command, backup and restore commands on the IPA replica are:

db2ldif.pl -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -w - -r -s 'dc=example,dc=com'

ldif2db.pl -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -w - -i <the_backup_file_in_LDIF_format>

The only difference is: after IPA master restart (restart happens after IPA replica's restore operation), the changes -- which applied on IPA master before backup -- are propagated to IPA replica. Which is in fact, make the restoration test end up with a result completely unusable on IPA replica, an result that is different from backup, and different from IPA master.

Please let me know if there are any other options/steps to follow. Thanks.

--David