[Freeipa-users] Problem Active Directory Synchronisation: ipawinsyncuserflatten false

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue May 15 16:09:25 UTC 2012

On 05/15/2012 09:46 AM, Adrien Rami wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I introduce myself. I am Adrien Rami and I am Open Source developper.
>
> I work on a project with FreeIPA and I try to sync an Active Directory
> with FreeIPA, with the special case that I want to sync the
> Organisation Unit.
>
> I set the ipawinsyncuserflatten on false but unfortunately it didn't work.
>
> Is there a way to do this? If yes does someone do that and have some
> information for me?

What exactly did you try, and what was the result that you saw?  Note
that if you create a new ou in AD, that will not sync to IPA.  You must
create your ou structure on both sides.  And that won't work with IPA
since IPA expects to have a flat DIT on the IPA side.

Perhaps if you could explain why you want to sync your AD structure to
IPA, we could suggest some alternatives.