[Freeipa-users] IPA dogtag as CA for puppet ?

Erinn Looney-Triggs erinn.looneytriggs at gmail.com
Mon May 21 21:16:54 UTC 2012

On 05/21/2012 01:00 PM, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

> If joining a machine to IPA automatically gives it a SSL keyset, it
> seems silly to also join the puppetca for config management.
>
> Has anybody looked into using IPA-dogtag as CA for puppet and func?
>

>   -jf

This has been something of a project for me, but it has been on the back
burner whilst I deal with other things (the usual story right).

There shouldn't be any technical reason why this can't be done, it is
just a matter of getting the certs in the right format, I expect a
bridge between puppet, func, and certmonger is on order and then you
would be good to go.

In my mind there are too many CAs running around and I like one to rule
them all. I, like you I suspect, run func and puppet as well as IPA
giving me three CAs. Now func can rely on puppet as the CA if you
configure it to, but I want just one :).

Anyway just my thoughts, no real progress in that direction though yet,

-Erinn