[Freeipa-users] RHEL + IPA + Zimbra = ?

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Thu May 31 14:13:25 UTC 2012

On 31/05/12 15:10, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 07:55 +0100, Dale Macartney wrote:

>> had a

>> a go
>> requests

>>> Are you talking about SSO or just using IPA as a back end identity
>> store.
>>> I do not think it was tried but I do not see a lot of issues.
>>> If there are I would like to see tickets.
>>> As for kerberos SSO it might be quite a different situation which
>> needs to be investigated.
>>>
>> I was thinking as a solution in general to be honest. I'll fire it up
>> with IPA as a backend store initially just to see it working. The
>> endgame goal though would be SSO. Like all my projects SSO is what I
>> am aiming for, but in some cases its not possible.
>>
>> I've requested an eval key for the enterprise supported release. I'll
>> try to get them involved in the process as well if push comes to
>> shove. They will benefit from this as well in the end.
>>
>> I'll feed back to the list with progress.
>
> As far as I know Zimbra supports retrieving users from LDAP and using
> Kerberos for authentication.
> In the very latest code they also fixed using Negotiate auth to login
> using Kerberos against the Web interface even when their proxy is being
> used, so now all components of Zimbra should be usable with krb auth.
> This means a properly configured Browser/MUA should be able to do full
> SSO auth against Zimbra.
>
> If you can test their latest release and report any gotchas in
> configuration that would be awesome!
>
> Simo.

I'm definitely up for it. I had a day off today actually, so most of the
day has been spent on my test lab. Will follow up soon. I haven't used
Zimbra before so I'll do it a few times to get things consistent, then I
might ask for some community QA on my steps to be honest.

keep you all posted. I have received a license key and was playing
earlier today with 7.2 (downloaded last night). Hopefully they don't
change that too frequently.

Dale