[Freeipa-users] adding group fails with "Type or value exists"

Qing Chang qchang at sri.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 15 21:21:23 UTC 2012

Adding group produces error message "Type or value exists" and fails.

As shown below, I tried a few different group name to ensure that there
is no duplicates:

[root at ipa1 ~]# ipa -d  group-add example  --desc="Test"

ipa: DEBUG: Caught fault 4203 from server http://ipa1/ipa/xml: Type or value exists:
ipa: DEBUG: Destroyed connection context.xmlclient
ipa: ERROR: Type or value exists:

Saw in a thread in March, it did not appear there was a resolution.

I have turned off migration mode also to make sure that's not a factor.

Thanks,
Qing