[Freeipa-users] Cleaning a host that is both present & not found

Matthew Barr mbarr at snap-interactive.com
Thu Oct 11 17:06:15 UTC 2012

>> I suspect it's only exiting in some of the LDAP tables, but I can't tell enough about the structure to delete it from IPA, and then we can just re-add it.
>>

>> Anyone have any suggestions on what to do to clean this up?
> rpm -q 389-ds-base
>
> ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W "fqdn=mdb09.ayisnap.com"

I was actually able to find a decent ldap browser, which was able to show me what was going on.  There was a record under accounts,computers that was named oddly, which had the internal attributes of mdb09.

I deleted that, and it fixed the issue.  Exactly what you recommended, but I didn't have the cli ldap skills :)

Thanks!