[Freeipa-users] Sudo works for full access, but not on a per command or host level.

Macklin, Jason jason.macklin at roche.com
Thu Oct 18 11:48:58 UTC 2012

Update with success! (but embarrassment)

I apologize for putting everyone through the ringer on this one.  Here is what I found.

I mentioned at one point that my domainname/nisdomainname/dnsdomainname did not all return my correct domain, but that I had fixed this. As it turned out, I had a typo in my rc.local file.  Fixing them so they return the correct value is not enough to fix sudo.  I ran ipa-client --uninstall  -->> yum remove ipa-client -->> yum install ipa-client -->> ipa-client-install and re-enrolled my client without making any other changes.  Apparently, something does not translate properly during the enroll process if your domain is not set properly in the rc.local file.  Everything is now working just as I would expect it to!

Again, thank you everyone for your assistance!

Cheers,
Jason