[Freeipa-users] CentOS6.3 + Fedora17 + PackageKit / PolicyKit "problem"

Antti Peltonen antti.peltonen at iki.fi
Mon Oct 22 08:54:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,

To answer my own question:

Policykit fetches its admin identities from a policy file (atleast in
Fedora 17) from
file: /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/50-localauthority.conf

Contents of original file:

------------------------------------------->o-----------------------------------
# Configuration file for the PolicyKit Local Authority.
#
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, it will be overwritten on update.
#
# See the pklocalauthority(8) man page for more information
# about configuring the Local Authority.
#

[Configuration]
AdminIdentities=unix-group:wheel
------------------------------------------->o-----------------------------------

This file has warning labels that the file should not be edited since it
will be overwritten by package updates. So the recommend process is to copy
that file to another name like 90-custom.conf and modify its contents as
follows:

------------------------------------------->o-----------------------------------
[Configuration]
AdminIdentities=unix-group:wheel;unix-group:fullsudo
------------------------------------------->o-----------------------------------

where unix group "fullsudo" is an POSIX group provisioned in FreeIPA domain
and users of that group have full sudo rights through sudo rules.

-Antti-

p.s. Adding my freeipa user in local wheel group worked after logon after
all too. I wonder if I did not test enough before complaining about it but
I was _sure_ that I did logout and back in before testing but it would seem
that I did not.

--
Antti Peltonen | Homo sapiens | planet Earth
email antti.peltonen at iki.fi | cellular +358 44 328 5555