[Freeipa-users] ipa user-find

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 02:40:39 UTC 2012

Steven Jones wrote:
> When doing the above it only returns 2000, I have 6000
>
> How to get it to return 6000+?

There are two size limits. One is a global limit in 389-ds-base,
nsslapd-sizelimit which defaults to 2000.

IPA has its own search limit which you can also set globally, or
override it on the command line (which I'll do below).

You'll need to bind as Directory Manager to change nsslapd-sizelimit
then you can run:

ipa user-find --sizelimit=8000

I don't believe any services need to be restarted for this to take effect.

We generally discourage enumerating all entries for performance reasons
which is why by default the IPA size limit is 100.

rob