[Freeipa-users] Different primary group on different machines.

Ondrej Valousek ondrejv at s3group.cz
Fri Oct 26 07:36:44 UTC 2012

Well, you do not need ACLs for that, just 'chmod g+s <directory>' will do.
But in general, I agree, this is insane requirement as nobody would ever think of it in Windows. Not happy w/ a traditional Unix
permissions? Go for ACLs.
The only pity is that the current Posix-draft hack widely used on all Linuxes is a mess and Rich-acl support is still nowhere in sight :-(

Ondrej