[Freeipa-users] ipa host-del

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 12:10:59 UTC 2012

On 09/03/2012 06:00 PM, george he wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to reinstall myipaclient so I did ipa-client-install
> --uninstall on my client, but when I try to do
> ipa host-del on the sever, I got the following error:
>
> ipa: ERROR: Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to
> communicate with CMS (Not Found)
>
> What does it mean, and how do I fix this?
> ps, both the server and the client are centos 6.3

I'm guessing the configuration option that specifies where to locate
your CA was lost. Check and see if ca_host is defined in any of the
.conf files under /etc/ipa, if so is it the correct host? If not then
the server will assume it's co-located on the same machine. Is your CA
on the same machine as your IPA server?

One other thing to check, is the CA running? Do an ipactl status to
verify or an ipactl restart.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?