[Freeipa-users] ipa host-del

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 12:53:29 UTC 2012

On 09/04/2012 08:28 AM, george he wrote:

> There's only one conf file in /etc/ipa/, which is default.conf. ca_host
> is not defined there. But I think my CA is the IPA server.
>
> Everything is reported running:
> # ipactl status
> Directory Service: RUNNING
> KDC Service: RUNNING
> KPASSWD Service: RUNNING
> MEMCACHE Service: RUNNING
> HTTP Service: RUNNING
> CA Service: RUNNING
>
> but when I try # ipactl restart, it reports:
> Starting httpd: [Tue Sep 04 08:19:10 2012] [warn] worker
> ajp://localhost:9447/ already used by another worker
> [Tue Sep 04 08:19:10 2012] [warn] worker ajp://localhost:9447/ already
> used by another worker

ajp worker threads are used by tomcat instances of which the CA is one
example. It sounds like your CA has gotten into a funny state. I would
do a ipactl stop to shut down all your services and then do a ps to look
for any Java processes that are still running (I'm assuming the only
Java you're running on this box would be for the CA). If you can
identify a running Java process that you believe belongs to the CA then
kill it and try starting IPA again (or you could use a big hammer and
reboot).

BTW, the ajp threads are the listeners on the CA communication ports, if
those treads are not in the right state you could see the CA
communication problems you reported.

If that still does not work then my next suggestion would be to add this
line to /etc/ipa/default.conf

debug=True

and restart IPA, that will cause verbose logging to be written to
/var/log/httpd/error_log which may have more detailed messages
indicating where things might be going wrong.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/