[Freeipa-users] time limiting users

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 23:32:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 21:18 +0000, Steven Jones wrote:
> Is it possible to limit when users can login?

Initially we had plans to do time based rules as part of HBAC.

However we decided to step back and wait on that front.

Time based rules sound simple, but are very complex, both to understand
and implement. Especially as soon as you start considering timezones,
how to express them reasonably and which one to consider (the server's
timezone or the client's timezone ?) and so on ...

So in a nutshell, no at the moment we do not support time based rules.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York