[Freeipa-users] NFS on Mac

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 18:47:08 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 02:21 PM, george he wrote:
> sounds to me the link may work for nfs version 3 only.
> Now with IPA and NFS4, there got to be something more.
> George

I do not know the exact steps on mac because the is no ipa-client on Mac
so you would have to configure the machine to be an IPA client manually.
This would mean that you need to authenticate with kerberos and then
make the nfs part use the credential cache of the logged in user (if you
are planning to use it for users mounting shares). This is what needs to
happen conceptually. I know that people have done in the past but I do
not think there are instructions.

Once you manged to do it please see the presentation how to setup secure
NFS on Linux
http://rhsummit.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dickson_the_evolution_nfs_protocol.pdf
May be it will give you some hints and pointers.

The only known problem with this slide deck is that on slide 18 after
kinit admin and before ipa-getkeytab you need to add service for the NFS
server
ipa service-add nfs/`hostname`@EXAMPLE

HTH

Thank you,