[Freeipa-users] sudden ipa errors.

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 12:12:38 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 03:06 PM, Nathan Lager wrote:
> Sorry for falling off like that.
> I opened a RedHat ticket on the issue, and have been running in
> circles with them. I forgot to check on the list for responses.
>

> I'm still having problems. Someone suggested I try:
>
> kinit -kt /etc/httpd/conf/ipa.keytab HTTP/ipaserver.lafayette.edu
>
> Which i just did, and it worked, or, at least it initialized my session.
>
> I'm still unable to execute ipa commands. In fact, im unable to
> execute almost any ipa commands.
>
> The web interface works, but only after RedHat had me enable kerberos
> password auth in the httpd config. So i can now auth to the web gui
> interactively, instead of requiring a kinit from my workstion.
>
> The only real client i have here is RHEV. And auth there still works
> except on accounts which have expired. Those accounts, cant even
> change their passwords.
>
> RedHat had me disable the password expiration via the web gui, however
> that hasnt helped accounts that are already expired.
>
> RedHat is currently blaming time skew, which i think is ridiculous.

Well this is probably my fault. I looked in the case (it is huge) and
saw that there are issues with the time in the log so I suggested they
ask you to check the times to rule that part out. I have not had a
chance to follow up. But time skew usually creates all sorts of strange
things and if the time skew was the problem in the past but some
passwords were created then there might be problems with the expiration.

I was also very concerned about the framework not being able to get
kerberos ticket for whatever reason and the reason was not clear.

> Im testing my ipa commands right on the ipa master. How could there
> possible be time skew.

This was not clear from the case and also I asked to ask you just to
check the time on the server.

> I did find that the time on my replica was
> off, but my replica isnt working anyway, which is a whole other issue.
> I think it needs to be flattened, and re-joined.

OK let us treat it as a separate issue.

> On 09/10/2012 08:54 AM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
> >>>

> >> What else isn't working? Does the UI work? Do clients on other
> >> machines work? Does user lookup still work?
> >>
> >> rob
>

> > Was this issue ever resolved?

- --
Thank you,