[Freeipa-users] Migration from OpenLDAP to IPA: reset expired password in IPA UI

Qing Chang qchang at sri.utoronto.ca
Mon Sep 24 18:51:05 UTC 2012

Using https://IPA/ipa/migration, users can migrate their password to their Kerberos
principals successfully, a subsequent login to /ui gives them interface to change attrs
to their account.

But if their LDAP password is shorter than the default policy of 8 letter (IPA migrate
the password but set it as expired,) they have no chance to reset it to meet the policy
through the UI. I had to help them login in with a ssh session to a IPA client machine
to do this, although the majority of my users do not need the ability to have interactive
ssh sessions.

Is there a possibility to enable users to change or reset expired password in the UI?

Thanks,

Qing Chang