[Freeipa-users] winsync agreement wipes IPA users

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:04:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM, Rob Crittenden <rcritten at redhat.com> wrote:

> Steven Jones wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I dont have a ldapmodify command for changing something in AD.
>>
>> I have increased the only scope I/we know about which is the return of objects from a search inside the AD gui but that might be specific to that view tool.  That is 2000 by default, Ive set 40000, I am testing it now, if that doesn't work....
>>
>> Our best AD person is currently researching to see if its even possible to alter that hard code in AD.  The only way he can see is using a  windows/ad specific command line command to modify the internals of AD but he's never seen or read about doing it for this attribute.

sounds like you need to upgrade your MaxPageSize and LDAPAdminLimits
attribute of the Default Query Policy object in the Query-Policies
container. We needed to do this to be able to get more than 1000
objects from AD a long time ago.

The details I used back then were here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998536.aspx

cmd.exe -> ntdsutil.exe (on a domain controller)

At the Ntdsutil.exe command prompt, type LDAP policies, and then press ENTER.

show values [enter]
ldap policy: show values

Policy 	Current(New)
MaxPoolThreads 	4