[Freeipa-users] Client Installation Error

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Tue Apr 2 16:06:49 UTC 2013

Hey,

I'm trying to add a client to IPA and I'm getting the following error;

Joining realm failed because of failing XML-RPC request
This error may be caused by incompatible server/client major versions.

Client is running Red Hat 6.1 with the following IPA and Curl packages installed;
Ipa-*-2.0.0-23
Curl-7.19.7-26
Libcurl-7.19.7-26

Server is running Red Hat 6.3 with the following IPA and Curl Packages installed;
Ipa-*-2.2.0-16
Curl-7.19.7-26
Libcurl-7.19.7-26

>From what I've seen from other people is that the issue is with libcurl blocking GSSAPI requests. Is that still the case?
If so what are my options here to get around this problem? I assume I can downgrade my Curl but will that affect anything major?

Thanks,

Matt