[Freeipa-users] NIS Compat Password Issues

Joseph, Matthew (EXP) matthew.joseph at lmco.com
Thu Apr 4 17:40:52 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've having issues with trying to login to our NIS clients that are looking at IPA as a "NIS" Server.
The NIS Client can view all of the usernames when I do a ypcat passwd but when I try to login a with a user account it will not accept the password. I've even tried setting it as simple as Password123 and still nothing.

I don't see anything NIS related in the error logs on the IPA server.
Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks,

Matt