[Freeipa-users] Replication Issue

Brent Clark bclark at tendrilinc.com
Thu Apr 4 19:40:18 UTC 2013

Ok, I have done as Steven Jones requested... here is the output from the
replica

I am able to kinit to admin using the password.

issuing the ipa-replica-manage command on the replica for the replica

replcia.mydomain.com: replica
 last init status: None
 last init ended: None
 last update status: -2  - System error
 last update ended: None

Same command but for the master
Failed to get data from 'master.example.com': {'info': SASL (-1): generic
failure: GSSAPI Error: An invalid name was supplied (Cannot determine realm
for numeric host address)', 'desc':'Local error'}

I can ping, telnet on all the IPA ports and ssh to the main server from the
replica.

So... im confused.

Also on a whim, I was able to add a server to the replica and that host
info did make it to the master.

--
Brent S. Clark

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.
The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.