[Freeipa-users] EXTERNAL: Re: ipa-replica-install errors

Jatin Nansi jnansi at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 00:36:07 UTC 2013

On 04/10/2013 09:55 PM, Joseph, Matthew (EXP) wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I’m still trying to figure out this error but I am getting nothing.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on why this is failing?
>
> Matt

Check the version of the nss package on your IPA server. There was a
change that went into nss-3.14 that disables support for certificate
signatures using the MD5 hash algorithm. To check if you are using MD5
certificate signatures, use this command to examine the certificates -

cerutil -L -d/etc/dirsrv/slapd-DOMAIN-CA/ Server-Cert

If this is the case, the workaround is to downgrade the nss package to
version 3.13. The fix is to re-issue your certificates using the SHA256
hashes.

Are you using the IPA CA, or are you managing the CA independently of IPA?

--
Jatin Nansi