[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA dual stacked

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 16:45:21 UTC 2013

On 04/15/2013 11:45 AM, Adam Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just had a go at deploying FreeIPA v3.1.3 and have hit a minor road bump.
>
>    The server hostname resolves to more than one address:
>      yyyy:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy::4
>      xxx.xxx.xxx.180
>    Please provide the IP address to be used for this host name:
>
> The answer I would like to give here is both - is this a limitation of the installation script that I can fix up later, or is FreeIPA incompatible with dual-stacked hosts at the moment?

We're supposed to work fine with IPv6. Dual stack should also be fine. I
know we've done a bunch of testing in this area but apparently something
fell through the cracks. I suspect this is an installer only issue where
it's validation logic is not sufficiently robust. Please open a bug
report so we can address this. I think if you pick one of the addresses
and let the install proceed everything should just work. Please let us
know if it doesn't. I'm not surprised we still have some IPv6 bumps to
smooth out, it doesn't get exercised as much as IPv4. FWIW we fully
expect IPv6 enabled systems to be dual stack.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/