[Freeipa-users] ipa-server-install: ERROR Failed to initialize IPA API

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 07:18:14 UTC 2013

On 04/16/2013 09:13 AM, Arturo Borrero wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> My problem was:
>
> I had some old registers of an old Microsoft AD in my DNS servers.
> The ipa-server-installer detected this and was being misconfigured.
>
> I deleted the AD references in the DNS, reinstall, and all went fine.
>
> Regards.

I am glad to hear that.

Can you please describe what exactly was wrong in the DNS? We already do
several DNS checks which should prevent errors caused by misconfigured DNS.

If we can reproduce your case, we can enhance our checks in ipa-server-install
to prevent error like this in a future.

Thanks,
Martin