[Freeipa-users] Sanity check on hbac rule on "foreign" domains.

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 17:55:12 UTC 2013

First, before we go any further:  is it supported to use
sssd when the client machines domain differs from
the realm name?  If not, then the rest of this is moot.

Client box is a RHEL 5.something.  I didn't do "ipa-client-install"
because I wanted to configure by hand as a test.  The client
box has a DNS name of stlmoracsbx01.domain.com, and the
realm is UNIX.DOMAIN.COM

I've configured the box with sssd, and I can log in with my personal
credentials because I have a wide-open rule for admins.

I've created a simple rule for a test user, and it's not working.

[xxx at slpidml01 ~]$ ipa hbacrule-show stlmoracsbx01-access
  Rule name: stlmoracsbx01-access
  Source host category: all
  Service category: all
  Enabled: TRUE
  Users: testuser
  Hosts: stlmoracsbx01.domain.com

However:

[xxx at slpidml01 ~]$ ipa hbactest --user=testuser
--host=stlmoracsbx01.domain.com --service=sshd
---------------------
Access granted: False
---------------------

And my access:

[xxx at slpidml01 ~]$ ipa hbactest --user=xxx
--host=stlmoracsbx01.domain.com --service=sshd
--------------------
Access granted: True
--------------------
  Matched rules: admin access

I also tried opening that host up to everyone:

[jebalicki at slpidml01 ~]$ ipa hbacrule-show stlmoracsbx01-access

  Rule name: stlmoracsbx01-access
  User category: all
  Source host category: all
  Service category: all
  Enabled: TRUE
  Hosts: stlmoracsbx01.domain.com

But the rule fails.

I thought maybe there might be something with the user "testuser", so
I tried another
user and I still get a failure.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

--
The government is going to read our mail anyway, might as well make it
tough for them.  GPG Public key ID:  B6A1A7C6