[Freeipa-users] sudo rule applied to a host group

Alexandre Ellert aellert at numeezy.com
Tue Aug 13 09:54:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get working a sudo rule for a group of user, basically if want to allow all the developers (dev-users) to become root on developers servers (dev-servers).
When this rule is applied to a single host or all hosts or severals named host, it works fine : dev-users can sudo without prompting for a password (I have sudo option !authenticate)
But if I apply the rule to the dev-servers group, it doesn't work : when a member of dev-users try to sudo, it prompt for a password and even the password is correct, password is asked again.

I use ipa-server-3.0.0-26.el6_4.4 and RHEL 6 and a custom Debian package for clients (based on freeipa 3.0.2).
I checked /etc/sudo-ldap.conf, /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/rc.local on clients and everything seems correct.

Do i missed something ?

Thanks for your help.

Alexandre.