[Freeipa-users] ldap connection over tcp/ip

Mindaugas Deveikis mindaugas.deveikis at itreegroup.eu
Tue Aug 13 10:45:50 UTC 2013

Hi

     We try to do a very simple situation. Our ldap server is on
different machine than IPA server. So we try to use tcp/ip connection.
All that we do is just edit default.conf file on IPA server and change
ldap_uri line value from socket to IP address. But after that change, an
error received when trying to restart ipa server. The error is: Failed
to data from service file: Unknown error when retrieving list of
services from LDAP: Unknown authentication meth... available (it comes
from systemctl status ipa.service). We use fedora 19. Firewalld works
fine. Could anybody show me a way how to solve this problem. Thank's

Mindaugas