[Freeipa-users] Replication woes

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Mon Aug 19 15:27:10 UTC 2013

Well, my master ground to a halt and wasn't responding. I rebooted the
system and now I can't access the web UI or ssh to the master either. I
have console access but that's it.

The services all say they're running, but the web UI gives an "Unknown
Error" dialog and ssh fails with "ssh_exchange_identification: Connection
closed by remote host" whenever I try to ssh to ipamaster. I think
something has gone really wrong inside my master. Any ideas? Even after the
reboot, --cleanup isn't helping and just hangs.

The logfiles end (as of the time I ^C'd the process) with:

NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=meTogood3.spx.net" (good3:389):
Replication bind with GSSAPI auth failed: LDAP error -2 (Local error)
(SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure. Minor
code may provide more information (Cannot determine realm for numeric host
address))
NSMMReplicationPlugin - CleanAllRUV Task: Replica not online (agmt="cn=
meTogood3.foo.net" (good3:389))
NSMMReplicationPlugin - CleanAllRUV Task: Not all replicas online, retrying
in 160 seconds...,

So it looks like it's having trouble talking with one of my replicas and is
doggedly trying to get the job done. Any idea how to get the master back
working again while I troubleshoot this connectivity issue?

*
*
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/