[Freeipa-users] Intranet password replication to DMZ

Jessie Floyd jessie.floyd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:21:11 UTC 2013

I've been working on a project where I have multiple IPA domains which
can't be connected due to scope and purpose of each domain.  Ideally I
would like to replicte a single user's password from a core domain server
to a satellite ipa domain.  I've learned that the password hash is not a
traditional hash and cant be replicated without some additional work.  My
primary site is a multi-master and the satellite site has its own
multi-master configuration. As an example I have an intranet server which
hosts multiple users and a DMZ domain where a limited set of admins work.
How can I replicate an intranet user  from the inside to the DMZ? Any
pointers or ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Jessie