[Freeipa-users] Replication woes

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Tue Aug 27 11:24:57 UTC 2013

I managed to gather some data for Rich and others to review and updated a
bug for them about a week ago. Now I am getting a lot of internal pressure
to resolve our problems and get our infrastructure stable again. As of
yesterday, our master IPA server would accept changes to DNS but isn't
actually serving DNS, nor is it pushing data to any replicas. The replicas
are acting as DNS servers but aren't getting any updates, nor can updates
be made locally on them. Fortunately, we aren't adding users very often,
but if anyone's password expires soon, I'm worried that I'll have an
account lockout situation.

So I'll ask again -- can anyone see a way to preserve just the actual DNS
and authentication data within IPA while dumping its other data
(replication and so on), restart it cleanly, verify it's working in all
respects, and set up the replicas from scratch again? I'm hearing rumblings
about going back to passwd files and host tables (which is what we were
doing until about 12 months ago when I brought IPA in) and I'd really
rather not go back to the stone ages....

Thanks!

*
*
*Bret Wortman*