[Freeipa-users] Replication woes

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Tue Aug 27 14:45:03 UTC 2013

Thanks, Rob. I restarted named and I can see that it's only loading these
(timestamps omitted for clarity):

zone 0.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0
zone 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa/IN: loaded serial 0
zone 1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.wholebunchofzeros.0.ip6.arpa/IN:loaded
serial 0
zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 0
zone localhost.localdomain/IN: loaded serial 0
all zones loaded
running
zone foo.net/IN: sending notifies (serial 2012102269)
zone 3.2.1.in-addr.arpa/IN: sending notifies (serial 2012101940)

Looking at some earlier /var/log/messages files, it used to emit "sending
notifies" messages for all the other zones as well -- what might have
changed to restrict it to just these two?

To your other question, we didn't try deleting replicas until after
upgrading the master to IPA-3.1.5-1.fc18. The replicas _are_ still at a
lower level; they began having problems when one crashed and needed to be
rebuilt on the new baseline, which wasn't possible because the original
couldn't be deleted because of a communication problem with a third
replica. And the dominoes began to fall....

Hey, it's still a better system than what we had before! I think we just
hit a real oddball situation which is making recovery difficult.

*
*
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/