[Freeipa-users] sssd errors in Ubuntu 12.04

Andrew Precht andrewprecht06 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:28:15 UTC 2013

Hi IPA users,
I'm having trouble getting the FreeIPA client to work in Ubuntu 12.04. I'm
working my way through the Red Hat sssd troubleshooting guide:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/SSSD-Troubleshooting.html

When I try a:* ldapsearch -x -ZZ -h test.example.com
<http://test.example.com> -b dc=example,dc=com*

I get: *ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11) additional info: (unknown error
code)*

I have copied the /etc/ipa/ca.crt from the ipa server to the ubuntu client
and the sssd.conf has: *ldap_tls_cacert = /etc/ipa/ca.crt*

My syslog file has no mention of a non-trusted certificate.

Any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks Andrew Precht