[Freeipa-users] Fwd: /etc/services map migration from NIS to IPA

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 19:40:44 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 02:25 PM, Walid A. Shaari wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the only ipa services i am able to see is the Kerberos concept of
> service principle, how about services map as in /etc/services that is
> managed by NIS, i can only see the following page not updated from 14
> months ago

> kind regards
>
> Walid

You can load the services into IPA and manage them using LDAP. This
would work as with any other LDAP server. The ticket is about making it
nice to manage as we manage other things in IPA using CLI/UI.
If you are interested to contribute management interface for CLI/UI to
do it via ipa command line and GUI we would be glad to help you with
this effort. If you have some Python skills it should not be that hard.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.