[Freeipa-users] IPA Create User

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Sat Feb 2 00:42:44 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 07:00 PM, It Meme wrote:
> Hi:
>
> We would like to trigger creation of user accounts from another
> application - is this possible completely by LDAP calls?
>
> Or using the APIs, the best way to proceed?

Actually using CLIs would be a preferred and supported way for the time
being.
APIs would be the second. They are stable but not public. We have not
published them because so far no one seriously considered calling IPA
from another application. May be you are going to be the first. You can
look at the extnsibility guide. Also we would be able to provide
additional guidance but we are not ready to call it an API we not going
to break so if you are fine with modifying your app if we change things
it might be a good option for both of us to move to a more production
ready API.
LDAP is not a preferred method for creation of the entries because we do
more in the code than just calling LDAP modify.
We can help you to craft something but effectively you would have to
duplicate our ipa user-add logic within your code. I suspect you do not
want to go this path.

Thanks
Dmitri

> Thanks.