[Freeipa-users] Python Client

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 22:39:29 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 05:29 PM, It Meme wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Scenario:
>
> 1) User is created via LDAP call to IPA (i.e.the 389 Directory Server)
>
> The above user will not have IPA-specific attributes.
>
> Can we use the Python Library, or CLI, to modify the account to
> IPA-ize it?

Is this an integration with the external provisioning system?
Do you need to do it in real time or in batches?

A simple solution that comes to mind is:
to create users in a different sub tree in ipa temporarily
run a cron job to inspect this area and translate the data in this temp
entry into the arguments of the CLI add user command and then clean this
temp area.
ldap search > parse > ipa user-add
delete processed temp entries

The job can run at the cadence you think is reasonable - 30 min may be?

> Thanks.

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Red Hat Inc.