[Freeipa-users] User info lookup via LDAP with Jabber +FreeIPA

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Sun Feb 10 16:47:33 UTC 2013

https://www.dalemacartney.com/2012/07/05/configuring-ejabberd-to-authenticate-freeipa-users-using-ldap-group-memberships

>> As an admin, these details probably seem pretty trivial and unneeded,
>> but as an end user, this could be useful. Otherwise those fields
>> wouldn't be in the client at all really.
>>
>> I used Empathy on Fedora 18 as the connecting client as it is an
>> authenticated IPA workstation.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions/experience on pulling those user
>> attributes from IPA into the jabber client?
>>
>> Screenshot attached.
>>
>> Thanks all
>>
>> Dale
>>

> Would be nice to understand which attributes are expected for those.
> I do not think we keep a birthday in IPA.

I did have a chuckle when I noticed that one.
- From what i've been reading its just an additional section I need in
the ejabberd config..

There seems support for display photos as well. Might have to pick that
one up as well when I have a free moment.

I'll keep the list informed on progress.