[Freeipa-users] Account Expiration

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 19:21:52 UTC 2013

On 02/12/2013 01:40 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Is it possible to ipa to send a email to user when his account is about
>> to expire (the current date is near krbprincipalexpiration date) ?
>
> Not currently. In 3.0+ we will provide a notice when one logs into the
> WebUI but that's it.
>
> We can't be sure that an MTA is properly configured on the IPA server at
> install time so we have punted on this for a while. We don't want to get
> into the business of picking and configuring one. This is one of those
> things that seems really easy but gets complicated the deeper you dig
> into it. We're open to suggestions/patches.

Yeah, I don't think we want to be in the business of installing and
configuring an MTA. However, we should be able to detect if one is
available and use it if it is. I think it would be reasonable to
restrict it to LMTP with a Unix domain socket (most MTA's support this).
Then our config would have a LMTP domain socket pathname, if that
pathname exists and we can connect to it we use, if not we fallback to
not generating any mail.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?