[Freeipa-users] IPA w/ Puppet?

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:26:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Lynn Root <lroot at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I'm curious if anyone has written Puppet manifests for managing an IPA
> domain. If so, I'd like to pester you to take a peek at those manifests.
> More curious on the overall automated management process than anything
> specific.
>
> I did find a post [1] on IPA managing the certs that Puppet uses - but
> perhaps someone else has gone a bit deeper!

I use puppet to push various things related to IPA.  For example, I
have a lot of AIX hosts, so I use puppet to push ipa.crt, sshd_config,
ssh_config, ldap.cfg, ntpd.conf, netsvc (AIX's nsswitch.conf,) and
some other things that I'm not thinking of at the moment.  I do some
of this for Linux hosts too, just to keep things in sync (resolv.conf,
the ssh configs, PAM configs, etc.)

Pretty basic stuff, I either push the whole config file or add lines
to it.  Nothing fancy.

Here's a listing of my custom modules directory, it should give some
idea of what I'm doing:

aix_dot_profile
aix_etc_profile
aix_hacmp_facts