[Freeipa-users] Non-human users

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 23:03:23 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 17:12 -0500, John Dennis wrote:
> On 02/15/2013 04:54 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> >> I don't know, beats me as to why there is no objectclass filter component.
> >> Perhaps TB is smart enough to know (objectclass=*) is effectively a no-op and
> >> ignores it when it builds the final filter.
> >>
> >> What happens if you set the TB filter to (objectclass=person)?
> >>

> > Yup, then it adds it:
> >

> > filter="(&(objectClass=person)(|(mail=*apac*)(cn=*apac*)(givenName=*apac*)(sn=*apac*)))"
> >

> O.K. I presume it's obvious the consequence of this little experiment is
> that if we do an an RFE that results in removing the person objectclass
> from non-human users you'll have to configure a custom LDAP search
> filter in every client in your enterprise if you don't want them to see
> non-human users in their search results.

Not really, without the person objectclass none of the attributes
thunderbird searches by default would be part of the user object, so the
user would *not* show up.

So the RFE would perfectly solve also the requirement these 'non-person'
users do not show up in thunderbird.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York