[Freeipa-users] permissions of the user uid=sudo, cn=sysaccounts, cn=etc, dc=example, dc=com

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 15:56:34 UTC 2013

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Petr Spacek wrote:
>>>
>>> You can get effective access rights for any DN:
>>>
>>> Command example:
>>> /usr/lib64/mozldap/ldapsearch -D "cn=directory manager" -w secret -p 389
>>> -h server.example.com -b "dc=example,dc=com" -s sub -J
>>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.9.5.2:true:dn:uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=example,dc=com
>>>
>>> "(objectclass=*)"
>>>
>>> Example was taken from section 8.4.11:
>>> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Examples-of-common-ldapsearches.html
>>>

>>> Effective access rights description:
>>> https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Viewing_the_ACIs_for_an_Entry-Get_Effective_Rights_Control.html
>>>

>> You need the ldapsearch from mozldap-tools for this to work.
>>
>> The user has read-only access to the tree but it has write access to
>> itself (via the self-service rule).
> You can use ldapsearch from openldap too:
> $ ldapsearch -D cn=directory\ manager -w XXXXX -b
> cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=team -s sub -E 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.9.5.2
> uid=sudo
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=team> with scope subtree
> # filter: uid=sudo
> # requesting: ALL
> #
>
> # sudo, sysaccounts, etc, ipa.team
> dn: uid=sudo,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=ipa,dc=team
> objectClass: account
> objectClass: simplesecurityobject
> objectClass: top
> uid: sudo
> userPassword:: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> entryLevelRights: 21
> attributeLevelRights: *:21

The syntax for the control isn't quite right (and in the 2 seconds I
looked at it I wasn't able to get it working in openldap ldapsearch). It
needs to be set as critical and the DN you are checking the rights for
needs to be passed as payload.

The result should be a list of attributes and rights.

rob