[Freeipa-users] Trouble creating replica

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Tue Feb 19 11:58:01 UTC 2013

I have a server running freeipa and I want to migrate it to a new host. I
had thought that the easiest way might be to create a replica and load that
onto the new host, but this is proving problematic:

# ipa-replica-prepare ipamaster.my.com --ip-address 10.0.0.46
Directory Manager (existing master) password:

Preparing replica for ipamaster.my.com from oldmaster.my.com
Creating SSL certificate for the Directory Server
preparation of replica failed: cannot connect to '
https://oldmaster.my.com:9444/ca/ee/ca/profileSubmitSSLClient': [Errno
-5985] Cannot resolve oldmaster.my.com using family PR_AF_INET6

And then a stack trace follows.

# netstat -rn | grep 9444
# lsof -i:9444
#
*
*
I've also tried connecting to that URL via Firefox without success. It's
just not listening there. What do I need to check? Someone else is running
some apps (redmine and others) using Passenger on that server as well;
could it be obscuring the port somehow?

We're not running IPV6, so I'm not sure why it's being referenced....

Alternately, is there another way to migrate my current IPA data to a new
host?

*
*
*Bret Wortman*