[Freeipa-users] IPA with ILO

KodaK sakodak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:41:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Han Boetes <hboetes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kodak,
>
> The question is: Which authentication mechanisms does HP ILO support?

Their documentation kind of blurs the lines.  It appears that the only
directory that exists (according to HP) is AD, so they freely mix
LDAP, AD and directory when talking about it in their documentation.

It's a moot point now, though, because I brought it up that I needed a
directory license for ILO to the Windows admins (who also "own" the
hardware) and they nixed it -- they want to use AD or nothing.  Sigh.

Thanks,

--Jason