[Freeipa-users] Transferring "mastership" to a new server

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Mon Feb 25 14:04:18 UTC 2013

So I managed to replicate my old IPA master onto a new server, and now I'd
like that server to be the center of the universe. The master from which
all (new) replicas are created. At present, there are no other replicas,
just this one server now that the original has been decommissioned.

I did discover that I can't create replicas from it because it knows it was
cloned from another. What do I need to do to it so that it can take over as
the new master?

*
*
*Bret Wortman*