[Freeipa-users] Generate wildcard cert with FreeIPA CA

Schweiss, Chip chip at innovates.com
Wed Feb 27 18:35:45 UTC 2013

Is it possible to generate a wild card certificate with the FreeIPA CA?

I tried generating a CSR with *.mydomain.local but 'ipa cert-request
star.mydomain.local.csr --principal=HTTP/*.mydomain.localr --add' returns
the error:

ipa: ERROR: The service principal for this request doesn't exist.

No problem generating certs for fqdn of systems I have already joined to
the domain.

Is there anyway around this to generate a wildcard cert for my local domain?

Thanks!
-Chip